Thursday, January 26, 2006

 

Old tools

I would define an old tool as having been used, not just tried, and it would have a particular feeling, like patina, worm holes, rust...

I have old planes (from France, the US and Japan), marking gages and saws (Japan).

It's a pleasure to give a new life to an old tool. I did it for a plow plane.
I took appart the plane and used steelwool to remove rust, and a small metal wheel on a mini-drill to clean other metalic parts. I sharpened the 2 knifes and the blade, and oiled them right after. As for the body, I used a scrapper to clean it.


The plow plane in pieces, before cleaning


After cleaning and light oiling with camelia oil

Comments:
i get similar plane like your

share with you

http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/foreve_20th/article?mid=918&prev=950&next=911
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?